8/2/10

Macro Monday: Golf balls

I shared earlier our golf practice outing.... we really need to get out more and Steve loves that I like to play golf too.  Or at least I like to smash the ball.... we haven't made it to a course yet.  That part frustrates me, when you hit it in the trees, or miss the ball and are keeping score.  I am just too competative and want to do well, so when I mess up and it shows on the little scoring sheet, it just gets to me and I get really mad.  I know others of you play golf and can relate.  SO for now I have been sticking to the driving range and putt and practice chip shoots to a flag.  I am good enough to play, but the psycho part of it.... well.  OK - when we finally get out there I will let you know!  Here is a link to my shots from the Phoenician - an amazing beautiful course that we played at -- one of my 3 actual golf games in the past 3 years.  :)

Here is my Macro Monday selection.  Various views of the golf balls.  I posted one of these earlier, but I thought it was cool for a macro shot too.  Love the greenery in the background.








Macro Monday is easy to play, snap a macro (or any close-up) photo, post it on your blog and link up at the link below!  

6 comments:

Annelie said...

Wow! Love your golfballs, the photos are great!
And thank´s for your comment on my blog!♥

joco said...

Hiya Nancy,

That first picture is making my fingers itch: I feel like putting the glove on now :-)
Mind you, either the tee isn't very closely cropped, or you are helping things along a little on the fairway with the plastic/wooden tee? (I won't breathe a word.)

Ingrid said...

Never thought that boring golf balls look so nice in macro and close ups ! My cat Arthur loves to watch Golf on TV and each time the ball falls into a hole he looks under the TV !

Nancy E said...

Thanks for all your comments! :) We were at the driving range and in the tall grass I set up that tee.... I wasn't actually playing --- just for the record. But then again, any help I can get if we WERE actually playing would be ok with me! :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Golf balls make for a great macro shot. I love it.

Kala said...

Great macro - the clarity and depth of field are excellent. Fore!