7/7/10

Black & White Wednesday



A Peckhaven Farm beauty!
by Nancy E. Photography

(Please note: I also posted this photo in the June Scavenger Hunt along with other Peckhaven pics!)

This photo was taken in June at the family farm where my dad grew up is now owned and operated by his younger brother Joe & son David with my Aunt Pat in Saratoga Springs, NY.  It is a family effort to run and own a farm as there is always milking to be done, cows to be fed, fields to be plowed and a house to be kept.

I remember when I was young my Grama Vi lived in the back of the farmhouse while Joe and family where in the front and the new portion of the house.  Now they rent to a family, but I look at the front shaded area and remember the tire swing - look high into the sky and see the old Oak tree just reaching up - so big it towers over the house.

It is a beautiful area - filled with family love - a place of peace .

N


It's Black and White Wednesday
To see some fabulous images, click on over to
The Long Road to China 

the long road

And because this is my first post to black and white wednesday I am including some all time favorite photos from my archives (taken in 2004)

Little Ashley on her birthday - 

On the playset

Schuyler & Oakley

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Nancy! I LOVE the cow. How fabulous is that? My Daddy grew up on a farm as well. Whenever I see a cow or a barn I always say a little prayer for the family that lives there. I know they are so much work! A truly tireless job! Loved this post! The kids are SO cute. Just darling!

Courtney said...

Great photos Nancy!!! I especially love the last one. :) Thanks for coming by my blog & leaving a comment on my sweet boy Gus, as well. Have a wonderful day!

Christy said...

I love the look in the cow's eyes, lol! Great shots!

JinXiu said...

what great shows of your kids. the cows cute also. love your blogs its so informative

CM said...

Ha, a cow! Love it! Your kiddos are adorable too! The last pic makes me think of the phrase...a boy and his dog.

BTW, LOVE your blog. You are seriously inspiring. After reading all your accomplishments, I'm feeling motivated to go for a run now! I'm just a short distance (5-10K) runner.

Nice to meet you! :-)

CM said...

Oh, by the way, I'm following on Twitter now @ CM_alittlelilac :-)

Lisa said...

Great pictures!!!

Black and white Wednesday is a favorite of mine :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

All so beautiful, but I have to say that I adore the shot of Ashley with her cupcake.....SO SWEET!!!

Wanda said...

The cow makes a dramatic statement in b&w. Really great. I enjoyed all your pictures. What a cutie with the cupcake!
:)

Laura said...

Nice b&w's! I love the cow one - very creative subject for a b&w photo! :)