8/23/11

Twas Ever Thus

Grafiti below the bridge on the Norwottuck Rail Trail Bridge in Northampton.... I took this photo when we were out on the Connecticut River on our Moomba.  A sense of peace on the water overwhelms me and the photography on the water just seems to "pop"



"'twas ever thus"
a quote derived from a poem written in 1817 

Oh! ever thus, from childhood's hour,  
     I've seen my fondest hopes decay; 
I never lov'd a tree or flower,  
     But 'twas the first to fade away. 
I never nurs'd a dear gazelle,     
  To glad me with its soft black eye, 
But when it came to know me well,      
 And love me, it was sure to die! Now too —
 the joy most like divine      
Of all I ever dreamt or knew, 
To see thee, hear thee, call thee mine, —       
 Oh misery! must I lose that too?



I really like it in black & white





Sweet Shot Day

2 comments:

Nicole V Lozano said...

from 1871 to 2011 spray painted on a bridge is a long way for three words to come

Ashley Sisk said...

I really like both versions. :)