8/21/11

Tutti Fruity Power Shake

My recovery drink of choice!  In preparation of running my 28th marathon in New York City - I have slimmed down by watching what I eat, counting the calories and trying to limit eating and drinking what I love in moderation.  My miles have increased and my recovery is so important to being able to get back out there again and hit the pavement with more miles at a faster pace.  After going through chemotherapy for my lymphoma this past year my body is really in tune to what fuel I ingest.  So the recipe is lots of salads, protein, fruits and water!  My whole grains are limited, but I love Heritage cereal in the morning.
 We love our Vitamix for juicing and mixing our protein drinks.  Best investment ever!

Here is my Power Shake recipe that I zap together in my Vitamix every other day - unless there are high mileage days that just need that extra boost!  Try it! You will love it too!

1 cup Orange juice
1/2 cup Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 banana
1 scoops Whey Protein (Vanilla Ice Cream flavor)
1 scoop GU2O powder (or your electrolyte powder of choice)
ICE

Optional:  Mix it up with frozen mango or pineapple too!

Blend it up in your Vitamix or blender

Serve it up cold in a frosted mug!

So yummy and refreshing and it give me a LOT of energy!  :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing this on DM.

blender dude said...

Thanks for this one, Nancy. Borrowing it for my site!