3/25/10

Top Three Thursday: We are all Hoarders...



Today is Top Three Thursday ---- Link to the Unexperienced Mom site where others have linked up to share their tops for the day! 

Todays Top Three Thursday....
What are the Top 3 things you should have thrown away…       like, yesterday?


3.  Hot tub bikini that I honestly will never wear in public, nor do we own or plan on owning a hot tub in the near future....  and when we get one, I think I will deserve a new bikini!  :)

2.  Jewerly -- I collect wooden jewerly boxes and have filled them up with jewerly I honestly don't know if I will ever wear again.  But where should it go?  That garage sale that we have been planning for the past 3 years has not happened, and do people really buy old jewerly from strangers anymore?  I was thinking my neices.... I have 4 of them and they may just appreciate it.....  any other ideas? 

theunexperiencedmom.com1.  This old LL Bean suitcase I have owned since 1999.  I am looking at it right now, so it is definitely still usable, but it has been flying more than 200,000 miles!  Back in the days I used to travel a lot this was the case that got me there with a carry on...  I can fit EVERYTHING in it --- love it!  They don't sell them anymore or I would buy a replacement as I have been shopping for something similar.  Although I will not get a suitcase with my name on it again --- the bag check guys and security folks think it is funny to say hi (as I have never met them) because they know my name from my bag.  There are coffee stains galore on it and at least 2 of the side zippers are now broke....   I need a NEW suitcase!  :)


I have a pile in the basement --- crazy when I moved here 3 years ago there are still things in the basement I have not gone through to decide whether to keep or sell and there is a BIG pile in the corner for that elusive garage sale!


2 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I think that's pretty impressive that you have a suitcase that's traveled almost a quarter MILLION miles! I don't think *I* have ever traveled that much in my entire life, and I was born looooong before 1999!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Like you, I have old bikinis that I don't plan on wearing for a LONG time either. And yeah, we do deserve new ones when we do wear them again.

A suitcase with your name on it, huh? Yeah I wouldn't be a fan either. ;-)


Thanks for playing our game!

Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com
www.blogconferencenewbie.com